Tuesday 10 March 2009

AS Quality of Measurement Coursework Deadlines

Right oh guys, I'm afraid the time for deadlines is upon us. I need to get your coursework in by Easter so I can get it all marked properly.

Some of you need to finish your experiments, and so I am arranging a few lunchtime and after school sessions for you to do so. It would be a good idea to start writing up as much as you can as you go to reduce the amount you will need to do later.

All of you need to write and submit a draft copy asap. - the last possible date I can review drafts is the 25th of March (although this will not leave you much time to make any changes!). Submitting drafts is NOT optional. I need to make sure I have a copy of your work in advance of the final deadline, even if it is at that point unfinished.

The final deadline is the Wednesday before the Easter holidays. IF IT IS NOT IN BY THIS DATE I WILL HAND IN YOUR DRAFT. If I have no draft, I cannot hand in anything and you will be doomed.

HOW TO WRITE UP A REPORT...

Timing...
You have three weeks to write up, which should be fine. Don't leave it all until the last minute. If it helps, I would suggest:

-Method and justification for method: this weekend, finish by 16th March.
-Results tables and graphs: next week, finish by 20th March.
-Analysis of results and evaluation: weekend, finish by 22nd March.
You can then spend the rest of the time improving what you have. I am happy to look voer any sections you have written.

Getting something down...
Don't spend twenty minutes staring at a blank screen trying to work out a pithy opening sentence. Just write it - you can always go back and fix poor phrasing later. Try putting all the points you need to include in bullets and then turning those points into paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment